PLAY by AOL Music arrives in the App Store
AOL has just released its PLAY music app and it looks very interesting. It offers free music streaming as well as a way to share what you’re listening to with your friends via Twitter and Facebook. The app comes with its own music player with access to your iTunes library and also enables you to stream SHOUTcast radio, access CD Listening Party (free streaming of complete albums) and MP3 of the day.
- Listen to your music in a beautiful custom music player
- Play music from an extensive collection of free songs and CD’s updated regularly
- Access to over 47,000 SHOUTcast radio stations
- Share your musical experiences with friends and followers
- Find and follow friends using the app through Facebook, Twitter, or Searching
- Add your own album art to your shares
- Share your musical experiences on Facebook and Twitter
- Listen to previews of your friends music posts and buy songs you like on iTunes
- Comment on and like your friends shares, you can tag friends in comments too! Just @username your friends and they’ll get an alert
- Get notifications when a friend follows, likes or leaves you a comment
The app is available free in the App Store and works with the iPhone and iPod touch; running iOS 4.0 and above. It will also work with the iPad but it is not a universal binary. Looks like it is a U.S. only release for now, but that may change.
Have an app you’d love to see featured? Tell us about it, include an iTunes link, and we’ll take a look.