Install iOS 5 beta 5 without a developer account
Sn0wBreeze 2.8 Beta 5 has been released by iH8snow for Windows users. This version jailbreaks iOS 5 Beta 5, and also includes a few handy features along the way.
This is a tethered jailbreak. A notable feature in this release is the abiltiity to install iOS 5 and skip the UDID developer check, meaning you don’t have to be a developer to install the iOS 5 beta (providing you have the firmware downloaded)…
Here’s the full change log:
- Now supports iOS 5 beta 5 (9A5228d).
- Added Hacktivation ability.
- Added option to remove UDID developer check/Beta Timer.
- Finally decided to fix Baseband preservation standalone mode.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty.
- Re-added afc2.
Supported Devices & Tethered?
- iPhone 3GS [Old bootrom] — NO
- iPhone 3GS [New bootrom] — YES
- iPhone 4 [GSM] — YES
- iPhone 4 [CDMA] — YES
- iPad 1G — YES
- iPod Touch 3G — YES
- iPod Touch 4 — YES
Although iOS 5 Beta 5 is fairly stable, we still would not recommend the use of beta software for your personal iDevices. If you have to Google search to learn how to install Apple beta software, you’re probably not intended to have access to the iOS 5 betas, but if you really want go right ahead. Let us know what you think about this new update.