Top Free iPhone Apps
These days getting an iPhone is like a rite of passage. More and more people are recognizing how easy and convenient iPhones are to use. One of the best features of the iPhone is the huge selection of applications in the App Store. This store allows iPhone users to get Apple-made or privately created applications that enrich their lives. Sometimes these can be games, while other times there are more practical reasons for getting an app. Nonetheless, perhaps the best aspect of the app store is all the free applications that are available for download. App Picker can make things a bit easier by generating top iPhone lists.
Free iPhone Applications
Everyone loves a deal and you can’t beat free. Sure, you might have to deal with some advertisements every once in a while, but that is totally worth the savings. Here is a list of some of the best free iPhone applications.
- Facebook – this isn’t the most creative free iPhone application, but it is definitely one of the most practical. Mobile users spend countless hours on Facebook and the internet browser version can be a real pain. Instead, pick up the Facebook application, which has features that are designed to make the mobile experience much more fun.
- PhotoSynth – if you have ever wanted to capture a view of things in a panorama format, PhotoSynth is definitely an application for you. The interface is user-friendly and panoramas can be seen while still loading.
- RunKeeper – although this application used to be split into a free and paid version, all the features have been piled into one. This app helps users to keep track of workout distances by tapping into the GPS on the phone and calculating speed and other factors based on the details emitted from your phone.
- Dropbox – transferring files from your computer to the phone and vice versa can be a real pain sometimes. For these moments it is best to use Dropbox which is one of the most widely known and mainstream file syncing technologies today.
- TheTrainLine – depending on what part of the world (and United States) you live in, this application can be more or less useful. For those who frequently wait for trains or are in a compact area, this app can truly help you to better plan your day. You can buy tickets, plan your journey, and view timetables for the future in order to make your routine more efficient.
- Skype – the desktop version of Skype is quickly becoming one of the fastest spreading technologies in the world. Families spread apart by land and water are able to maintain a connection through their Skype accounts. On the phone, it can be tricky to maintain the right connection and user interface, which is why the free iPhone app is so great.
Obviously there are many paid applications that are a lot of fun and very useful, but this short list should give you a few of the most helpful free applications that you can get for your new Apple iPhone. Check out these top iPhone App Reviews, as this might help you decided what apps to download.